Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grandma Teeny's Great Big Party



Grandma Teeny - Queen for the day

Here are some pics from Grandma's bday party. I didn't take very many because I was too busy running around making sure everything was going smoothly. We had a very fun day! And, most important, Grandma had a wonderful day! She couldn't believe the amount of people that came to celebrate her big day.

We filled 90 balloons and used them as decoration and then released part of them as a way of celebration, although it didn't work out exactly how I wanted it to. The wind and rain were blowing and blustering and so when we released the balloons, instead of flying high into the sky, they bobbed along the trees and bushes and into the neighbors house, etc. Everyone just laughed and laughed! Good idea, wrong type of weather! lol!

We also made a dvd of about 200 pics with grandma and her family with grandma singing in the background (did I mention that she is a die-hard country music fan, who loves to sing and play the guitar?). It was really neat. My dear, sweet hubby worked for about 7 hours putting the dvd together and it was all worth it when we started to play the dvd and my aunt just started to cry with happiness over how neat it was. And my girls each sang a song for grandma and my cousins children sang cute songs and performed a hoe-down for grandma.

A funny story about grandma is that when she was at work one day, she was in the back room touching up her hair when a customer came into the store. Grandma quickly grabbed what she thought was the hair spray and sprayed her hair all over, then went out to greet the customer. The customer gave her a very strange look and said, "What do you have in your hair?" Grandma had unknowingly sprayed a foam window cleaner all over her hair and she looked like a big cotton ball! I hadn't heard that story before and it just cracked me up!

Here are some pics. I'm hoping to post more from my video camera (and if I can figure it out, maybe I will post the girls singing their songs)


The Mulk-after working on Grandma's dvd for hours(and with a smile on his face to boot)

The decorations - so festive!

Grandma with her brother and a long-time friend whom she would sing with in her younger years

No comments:

Post a Comment