Me, my sister, and Kitty with Grandma

Grandma Teeny in her younger days. I just love the whole look of this picture!

My wedding day. Gerald won grandma's heart by watching a Randy Travis country video with her(most boys that age didn't think Randy Travis was all that great).

This is her "ta-da aint I cute?" pose (and yes, you are cute, grandma)

I love this pic of her in her younger years(she is in the middle). Don't they look hip and cool?

And here is a pic of her sense of humor. Boy can she make people laugh!
Today is my grandma's 90th birthday. I am so happy that she came down from WA to celebrate it here. We have so many fun things planned (a HUGE birthday party for sure) and many other things! I can't wait to take pics and show them to you later on this week! She is just little tiny and super cute! She does the quirkiest (is that a word?) things, has the softest skin, and the most wonderful perfume that brings back memories whenever I smell it. She came to every one of my bday parties when I was growing up, even though she lived 3 hours away. She has the most beautiful singing voice (she can even yodel) and she LOVES anything country western! She also loves wearing jewelry and pretty clothes. She makes us laugh so hard because of the silly things she does and her hand gestures when she talks just crack me up! When I was little, she would drive my best friend and me to school in her little subaru. My friend lived on a hill and there was a speed bump in the middle of the hill and we would tell her to slow down and watch for the speed bump. But, my little grandma in her little subaru sitting on her little pillow to better see over the steering wheel, wouldn't think of slowing down. So here we go - flying over the speed bump down a hill! Have you ever seen or been in a car (most likely as a teenager) and gone flying over a speed bump/railroad crossing/etc? Well, that's what we were doing, only with my cute little grandma. Wheee! It sure made us laugh and giggle. I have tons more stories, but I just love her to pieces and am so, so grateful she is my grandma! Happy birthday, Grandma dear!
So cute, Michelle! I love that picture of your grandma with her 2 friends. Wouldn't that have been great to live back then? :)
ReplyDelete