Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Time

We have fun traditions that we do every year for Easter. I try to stay focused on the Savior and one way we do that is by talking about and doing activities centered around the Savior's resurrection. I am grateful for the Savior and am trying to pass that on to my children.
I previously posted how I feel about Him. This post, however, centers on the holiday part of Easter Every year we like to color easter eggs and then eat them all. Yum! Here are the kids and their coloring:


Then the thing the kids most look forward to is the easter egg hunt that Grandma L. does for the grandchildren. She fills about 120 eggs with candy and then writes their initials on the eggs. Each child gets about 20 eggs (and one golden egg for each child has $5 in it!) and they have to find their eggs, but if they find one that is not their initial they put it back down. They have a blast! This year was special because Grandpa L.'s birthday was on Easter, so we had 3 reasons to celebrate the day! Here are pics of the fun day:

Kitty with the birthday boy

"Look, mom, this one has a 'K'"

Ray-Ray giving Grandma a big thank you hug

Another thank you hug!

1 comment:

  1. Some times I wish there was a "like" button on blogs :) cuz I like this.

    ReplyDelete