I am entering a new phase of life - life without children (or a child) at home 24/7. And it is sad and weird and scary and exciting and makes me feel lost. My baby will be starting kindergarten and even though she will only be gone a few hours a day, it means that she is a big girl now and not a baby anymore. It means that she will be entering the school system that keeps your children with them during the daytime hours longer than they are at home.
I'm also feeling sad that my baby boy who is now almost 17 years old won't be in the home much longer. He literally won't be in the home once he graduates and either attends college or goes on a mission. It's still 2 years away but I know that those 2 years will pass by in a heartbeat and then he will be gone. Have I taught him enough that he can be on his own? He is quite a home body, so have I taught him enough to want to leave the home - which is something every parent should teach their children.
I am also feeling a little lost in my identity. Who am I now that I don't have my children with me all the time? What will I do with my time? Do I have dreams that I have put off all these years that might be accomplished now that I don't have constant noise in the home? Can I remember those dreams? Are there things I've always wanted to do but haven't because at least one child needed my attention?
Things that make you go hmmm....
Utah Pin Quest Part 4
9 months ago
Oh my....you sound JUST LIKE ME!!! When you figure it all out, please let me know :)
ReplyDeleteYou know sometimes I wonder when that time comes for me how will I cope with actually having time for just ME! It is funny how when you have an abundance of something your options are limitless but when you are limited you can quickly fill it with the most important needs and or least important wasting of time!! ;) You know this is the pefect time to find a new talent or hobby, it sounds like fun!! :)
ReplyDelete