A few days ago I remembered to get my camera out so that I could set it out and take pics of the kids on their first day of school. So I looked in the spot where I keep my camera and it wasn't there. So I asked the kids if they had played with it and no they hadn't. So I asked them again a few hours later if they remembered playing with it (I mean, aren't things usually missing because the children were playing with it and didn't put it back in the right spot?), but they again said they hadn't played with it. So I was feeling very sad because cameras cost a lot of money, I lost pics on there that hadn't been downloaded yet, and I wasn't going to be able to take pics of the kids on their first day of school. So I said a prayer asking that I find it. Sometimes I feel funny saying prayers asking for help to find things when they are just small and simple, but I really was sad and I know the Lord is mindful of all our needs and desires. Anyways, late last night as I climbed into bed, the thought came to me that I used my camera when we went to the zoo last week and it might be in the cooler we used that day. And there it was! I just thought about how the Lord is mindful of us and wants to help us out in any way. He knew that I really did want to get my camera back and in his tender way, he helped me find it. I also thought about how he works sometimes. It wasn't until I was climbing into bed, when everything was quiet, and my mind wasn't pre-occupied, that he whispered his answer. And I was able to hear. I need to remember that lesson!
I'm grateful to have found my camera and that I was able to get pics of my kids on their first day of school. Now for a post all about their first day. :)
Utah Pin Quest Part 4
9 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment