Saturday, August 4, 2012

Lucky Son


Can you guess from this picture where Snorr got to go on vacation?


What about this picture?


Or how about this?


Yes, Snorr got to go to HAWAII on vacation!

His best friend's family moved to Hawaii about a year ago. Brad and Snorr have missed each other a lot, but obviously visits were out of the question, so they would call each other and sit at their video games and make comments about what level they were on and how they just killed this character or raced past this character. It was quite funny but sad - trying to share their interests long distance.

Well, a few months ago Brad's mom called and said that instead of sending Brad out here to Utah they thought it would be fun to bring Snorr out to Hawaii to visit them! They offered to pay for his ticket since they were planning on using the money to send Brad out here anyways, so we just had to send him with "play" money.

So after that jaw-dropping moment of "oh my heck! My son gets an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii", my nerves kicked in that I would have to send my son on an airplane all by himself half-way around the world! Even Snorr was nervous about it since the only time he has been on an airplane was when he was a year old. But we were blessed to have a lady in our ward who is an airline attendant with Delta and she walked him onto the plane and showed him around and introduced him to the other attendant's - that was such a relief! It all worked out perfectly.

I anxiously waited for him to call me from Hawaii when his plane landed - and oh what a wait it was. I felt calm about it, mostly, but it was such a relief when Brad's mom sent me a picture of Snorr standing at the airport in Hawaii!


When he called me, I said, "How was the plane ride?" He said, "It was great! I got to watch 2 movies on the flight!" I said, "Son, did you even look out the window?!" He said, "Oh, yeah, that was cool too!" Silly kid!

Here are photos from his trip. I have to say that I was relieved when he made it back home safe and sound. But I am soooo grateful to Brad's family for providing Snorr with a most amazing experience! I don't think I can ever re-pay them for their generosity, but I am so, so grateful!


Snorr, Brad, and his mom at the "Sea World" of Hawaii


Snorr thought the dolphin show was very cool!


Best Friends hanging with the fish


Playing with the big boy toys! This was at Pearl Harbor.


Hiking in Hawaii - is he lucky or what?!


Swimming at the beach - so much fun! He also got to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousins who live in Hawaii.


A beautiful view (which I keep telling myself he didn't appreciate nearly as much as I would have appreciated it) lol!

Thank you to Brad's family for giving Snorr this most likely once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!















2 comments:

  1. That is so amazing for him...just think in a few years he will be going for 2 years!!!! Then you are allowed to panic...a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lucky duck!! I can't wait to go for our 10 year aniversary we have been saving for a while it is very expensive...that is awesome someone would PAY for him to go there!!

    ReplyDelete