I took the girls and their friends to the Clark Planetarium yesterday and we ended our fun time there (where Kitty is just sooo smart when it comes to things about space/science) by getting each of them a rock candy sucker. Now Kitty really likes rock candy suckers, but Ray-Ray thinks they are too die for! Kitty always picks out the prettiest one, but Ray-Ray spends minutes finding just the right one - the longest, yummiest, and thickest around that she can find. As we got on the train to head home, Kitty dropped her sucker and just started to cry. She had barely starting licking it! Well my Ray-Ray, without even a 2nd thought, handed her sucker to Kitty so that she wouldn't be sad anymore. I was sooo proud of her! I mean, I didn't even look at Ray-Ray with that "please just share your sucker" look. She just automatically gave Kitty her sucker so that she wouldn't be sad. Isn't that so selfless? Us mom's need to acknowledge these sorts of good deeds our children do, don't we?!
Next post will be about a vacation my son had that I only dream about going on!
I have had a couple of those moments with my girls where they gave something up that they wanted to help someone else be happy. It does make your heart happy and so proud of their good deed!
ReplyDelete