Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hunger Games

Disclaimer: Remember now - this is my blog and I can say what I want, so don't send a lynch mob after me. With that said, I read the "Hunger Games" book a while ago and I HATED it! And yet even as I read it and was hating it, I kept reading it.

I got through the first half of the book and right before the kids go into the Hunger Games, I just started bawling - like a baby. I just felt sick inside that adults were sending children into a place where they knew that all but one of them would be killed. And even with that knowledge (and actually it was the adults idea), the adults still sent them off to be killed just so they could have some excitement. I know that it was more reasons than that, but still! How awful!

So, as I sat there sobbing deep sobs, the Mulk told me to stop reading, but I couldn't! I had to find out if it really was going to be as awful as it sounded. So I won't say anything more about what happens in the story for those of you who have been fortunate enough to stay away from the book, but by the end of the story I plan to never read the other two books. And I have no desire to see all of this played out on the big screen. I just don't understand the fun in this storyline. I really don't understand!

It is wrong for adults to find pleasure in watching children kill each other! Just wrong!

So that's my opinion. Anyone want to explain to me what the fun is in the Hunger Games?

1 comment:

  1. I don't enjoy the basis of the story...but the thing that got me hooked was the knowledge that food controls people. If the government has a way of deciding who gets food and who doesn't they have the ultimate power. To me it was a way of showing what "could" happen if we don't know what is going on in the government. It truly is a sick idea to have children killing children, but what better of a way to keep people doing what you "the government" wants them to. There is a quote in the book that says something like this "there is only one emotion that is stronger than fear... and that is hope." Fear is of the devil...he sure knows how to prove that.

    ReplyDelete