Monday, March 5, 2012

The BIG 5!



Kitty is now 5 years old! My goodness, where did the time go? I seriously can't believe she is this big now! I clearly remember 5 years ago (on a Monday, like today, in fact) being very frustrated that I was 5 days overdue and she still was not here! And then worried because she didn't seem to be moving as much. That is when the dr. said, "ok, come in now" and oh how excited I was! They soon discovered that Kitty was not going to come the "normal" way because a large fibroid tumor was blocking the traditional route. So, next came another round of emotions as they told me she would need to be delivered c-section. Scary! But, fortunately I have a very loving husband who was right by my side and my dear sweet mom was there also (and she's a nurse which seemed to make me feel even better). Kitty was born about 7:00 that night and she was perfect looking - no blotchy skin, no pointy head- just perfect! I remember one night lying in the hospital bed holding her in my arms and just feeling such peace and love in that very moment. It is a moment I don't think I will ever forget! Kitty then brought that peace and love home with her, as our family became closer than ever because of her sweet spirit. I love this little girl!

1 comment: