Thursday, June 11, 2009

My "Son"shine


Snorr has been gone to scout camp this week and I'm missing him. I have to say that I am a helicopter mom and "hover" over my children a lot! So I have been feeling very insecure about not being at scout camp with him to keep him safe, warm, and away from all of those scary things that I don't know about. He is 13 years old and I do need to let him go. I have tried to teach him what's right and wrong and he does have a good sense about things, but I worry that letting him go out in the wilderness (well, Goblin Valley) with all of those crazy teenage boys, that he might forget what I've taught him and get hurt. And I worry that he didn't pack enough warm clothes. And I worry that he will get sick from eating too much junk food and not enough healthy food. And I just worry, worry, worry....about anything and everything! Like I said - a hovering mom! Needless to say, I love my little boy who isn't such a little boy anymore and who really does have a good head on his shoulders and I really do need to trust that he'll be ok and hopefully have lots of fun (this is Goblin Valley we're talking about anyways!) Just wanted to share a few of those mom feelings that I'm sure many of you have too. (By the way - here he is with some of those crazy teenage boys I was talking about. Although they, too, are pretty good kids overall).

1 comment:

  1. You are a GOOD MOM!! I think worrying comes with that fact! Worrying shows you love him and only want what is best but it is also a good thing to realize that you have taught him well, and that he is a good kid and that it all started from "YOU" teaching him what is right!

    ReplyDelete