Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Girl's Retreat



I went with 6 of my friends over the weekend to Bear Lake. What started out as a way to get together with some friends from high school, ended up being a retreat for the women in our lives who might need some time away (that pretty much means all of us!) Unfortunately only 6 of us could arrange our busy schedules to make it happen. But next year we are hoping more women can fit it in. It was so nice to get away from daily life and be "Michelle" again. Not that I don't enjoy being "mom", but one night away was enough of a break to help me be a better mom. We had a BLAST!! My friend, Kristy, has a family cabin up at Bear Lake and they let us use it. We made yummy meals and yummy snacks and played cards until long after bed time and then went and hung out at the beach for enough hours to give me a pretty good sunburn. Doesn't that sound great?! It really was! I should have taken more pictures, but I wasn't thinking about my camera. I did get a few pictures of some of my friends who were there.




This one is of Lesa and Bethany. Lesa is not one of our high school buddies, but she needed some time away and was brave enough to come with me even though she didn't know what my crazy friends were like. (I don't think we scared her too much. She says she wants to come again next year)! And Bethany is a friend from high school, who plays a mean game of Phase 10! I'll win next time, Bethany!




And then there is my friend Luisa who is just so cute and makes me laugh all the time! And Kristy who is due in about 4 months with her 3rd child. What's crazy about that is that her twin daughters are 13 and now she is having another one! At least she will have built-in babysitters, right? And a BIG thank you to Kristy for putting all of this together, even being pregnant! Love you girls!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! It's so important to recharge. I always feel like that after time with my sisters :)

    ReplyDelete