Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kitty's Scary Swimming Day


We went to my mom's condo to visit and go swimming. It was a very nice day and the kids had a blast. But I just want to send a warning out to all you mom's - children, toddler's especially, can drown very easily!!! Please Watch Them Closely!! I learned this lesson when I only turned my back for maybe 1 minute (and my mom only turned her back for maybe 15 seconds) and Kitty toppled over in the wading pool and couldn't upright herself. Scary, right?! Then a while later, as we sat on the side of the wading pool with her (I forgot to bring my swimsuit), she walked over to the edge of the wading area and took one step off into the 3 foot area. We saw it happen, fortunately, but I had to dive in clothes and all and scoop her up! It makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. I don't know if you've seen those commercials about how quickly a child can drown, but I'm here to tell you that it really can! happen in a matter of seconds. Needless to say, I will be wearing my swimsuit so that I can be down in the water with her and I will be watching her a lot more closely. Our children are just too precious for anything to happen to them that can be prevented.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how scary! It makes my tummy turn just reading it. Yes, life is very precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By far, my greatest fear. Thinking about it keeps me awake at night. We lost Sevy once when he was about 18 months, he had wandered out to Trent's grandparents irrigation canal. I know some one was watching him and keeping him out of the water. There is no other explanation for why he didn't go in and get taken down river. My heart sinks every time I think about it,.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That and choking! Those are my 2 biggest fears for my little kids. I am so glad she is ok.

    ReplyDelete