Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

I don't have any pics from my Mother's Day, but I wanted to share my fun day with you, anyways. First off, I have to give a shout-out to The Mulk for his patience in helping my girls find me a gift. He took them each seperately to the store and let them wander for as long as they wanted to (which was about 1 1/2 hours each) looking for the perfect gift in the perfect price range (that's why it was so tricky for them. There are lots of things they would love to buy me, it's just so expensive). I just can't believe there are many hubby's out there who would let their kids take that long to pick a present! I thought that was so neat! Then Sunday morning, The Mulk made me crepes with nutella, whipped cream, strawberries, and bananas. Now these are not just your basic crepes, these are the, "learned on my mission to France" crepes - and they are SO good! I had probably 2-3 more than I should have, but mmmmm they were good! I was having the sugar shakes later that morning in church, but it was worth it! Then, my nice neighbors brought me over a corsage to wear with my dress that day to church. They are great neighbors and I feel like their daughter is my 3rd daughter because she comes to play so much. She is a very sweet girl-so quiet and respectful. Who doesn't love children like that?! I thought that was so kind! My children also gave me the best Mom's Day gift ever - not quarreling for the day! Ahhhh, it was great! Now I know they can get along if they put their minds to it (so I will just have to hold that over their heads when they say that they just can't help it and it's just in their nature to fight with each other. Teehee!) Then my mom and sis came over for dinner and my mom got me some roses and chocolate. I just love my mom so much! When I was growing up, she was my best friend! I could talk to her about everything and I mean everything. She was always there when I felt sad, excited, anxious, tired, sick, or bored. And she was a fun mom during my teenage years. In fact, a lot of my boyfriends fell in love with her before they fell in love with me (she was just THAT cool). I was never embarrassed to be with her, because I knew that having her around me would only make me look more cool! And, now as an adult, I still am able to go to my mom with anything and I love spending time with her! And my children just think she is the best! I am so blessed and lucky to have her as my mom! And this link is for my hubby who treats me like a queen and respects me so much. I honestly don't understand what it is about me that makes him want to love me so much, but I am sooooo blessed to have him as my husband! Thank you, honey, for making my mom's day such a great day! http://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#love-her-mother

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful today :) Missing you guys...we need to play soon.

    ReplyDelete