Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bad Mom Day

Snorr was looking forward to this day all school year long - yearbook day! Didn't we all look forward to that day? But, he didn't get one. Somehow I missed paying for it with all the other fees we had to pay. I feel terrible, and yet I am quite frustrated that the school didn't send around a sheet posting names of who hadn't paid yet. The school admitted that the online registration fees were very confusing this year, so there were lots of students who didn't get one, but that didn't make Snorr feel any better. I am hoping that they will order more (they ordered 150 extra and sold out before Snorr got to the front of the line)and at least he can get a book, even if he can't get any signatures. Then, I get home and went to put away Ray-Ray's papers and found one that was an "all about me" assignment, asking questions like, favorite color, how many siblings, etc. One of the questions was, "What bugs you?" And Ray-Ray wrote, "My mom-sometimes". That was just like rubbing salt into my already wounded spirit, I must say. I wish I could make life so easy for my children so that they won't feel hurt or pain, but it's worse when I'm the one causing their pain. Thanks for letting me vent a little. Life will move on and Snorr will get over the sadness, but I will always feel bad about it (and I'm sure he will too).

4 comments:

  1. one moment and yet life keeps ticking, relationships still last and growth is in progress!!
    Sorry for the rough day the good news is that it is only a small moment in eternity.
    love ya,
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had WAY too many of those "mom moments" in my life...just think of it this way...it will be an awesome memory, haha :) And if they are anything like my kids, they won't let you forget it. Like the time I forgot to take the girls to get dance pictures taken, or the time I forgot to pack Paiges show-n-tell for school...the list goes on and on...and we all keep living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle, I hate days like that. We all have them, and I know your pain. Hang in there; you're doing a great job as a mom!. I'm glad I'm not judged on a single day or two or ten. I need a lifetime to figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the understanding comments, ladies. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who makes mistakes. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete