Today our family went up to This Is The Place Park for their free easter egg hunt. I thought it would be fun, especially since it was all free! And I haven't been there before, so I wanted to see if it was worth going to. Anyways, there were SO many people there! I was a bit surprised. They had it fairly organized and had it split into different age groups. So, Snorr came with Kitty Pride and me to the 0-3 year egg hunt and the Mulk went with Ray-Ray to the 9 year group. First off, I had to chuckle because as we were waiting for the 0-3 year egg hunt to start, a lady in front of me said, "Ummm...just so you know. There are different egg hunts for different age groups. I think the 5 year group is over there." I had to inform her that my "5 year old" is actually really 3 years old, so we were at the right place. I guess Kitty looks older than she is. We had the same problem with Ray-Ray. When she was about that age, people would get upset if I let her play on the toddler rides, when she should be on the big kid rides. Oh well, I guess when you've got tall parents you are most likely going to be tall. But I digress! Anyways, we waited for the egg hunt to begin and when it started they ran out into the field. Snorr ran off with Kitty and I ran after them. By the time I caught up with them, Kitty had found 2 eggs and there wasn't another egg in sight! 2 eggs! I couldn't believe it! I mean, you should have seen how many eggs were out there waiting to be snatched. And boy did people snatch! Then we went to find the Mulk and Ray-Ray and she had just finished. She came away with a grand total of 2 herself! Then the announcer, soundly pleased with himself, says, "Hopefully you all found eggs because there were over 12,000 eggs hidden!" My jaw dropped! Out of 12,000 eggs we came away with 4!! We were a bit disappointed, I must say, but realized we were actually pretty lucky because there were quite a few children who ended up with zero! Fortunately for them, though, the sponsors had extra eggs set aside for those who didn't get any.
Oh well. It was a family outing that wouldn't have happened otherwise. And I think I would like to go back to do all of the pioneer activities they have available.
Needless to say, we are looking forward to grandma's easter egg hunt next Saturday where each grandchild gets about 20 eggs filled with chocolate candy and some of them even have money in them! Woohoo!
Utah Pin Quest Part 4
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment