Today was fun, as I was able to pull off a few April Fools tricks. I don't like it when people are mean, so I tried to do "just in fun" tricks. Ray-Ray brought home a detention slip from school saying that she was suspended from April 5-9 for pulling jokes on her teacher. Then on the back it said, "April Fools". It was also clever because even if the parent believed it for a minute, when they looked at their calender they would realize that April 5-9 is actually Spring Break. Very cute! It did startle me for a minute, though!
Then I pulled a few jokes, like telling Snorr that he had to prepare more papers for his paper route than he normally does. He wasn't too happy about that, until I said, "April Fools". Then he told Ray-Ray that she wouldn't have any school tomorrow, because spring Break was starting early. She was curious and excited about that idea for a minute.
And then my most fun trick for the day was dinner! I made meatloaf, cooked it in a cupcake pan, then made mashed potatoes, and colored them pink. Then I put the "frosting" on the "cupcakes". Snorr guessed pretty quick that it was meatloaf, but thought that I had actually put frosting on the meatloaf. And Ray-Ray was fooled for a few minutes until she tasted it all. Kitty was offended that it wasn't really frosting!
Days like this make life fun!
Utah Pin Quest Part 4
11 months ago
You are so clever...I did nothing. I am boring.
ReplyDeleteYour dinner was the cutest idea. I have never thought of doing silly things for April Fool's Day with our food!
ReplyDeleteYeah, Jessica! I think that is the most fun way to celebrate April Fool's Day! I have some other ideas I want to try next year, too.
ReplyDelete