Journals are more fun! I love writing in my journal! It is a place where I can share my thoughts and feelings without fear of anyone else judging those thoughts and feelings. It is a place where I can record my children and hubby's successes (and even their failures, which aren't too many). I can write what I'm feeling and even if it doesn't make sense, it still helps me sort out my feelings. I can ramble on and on and not have to worry if I'm making sense. And so even though I update my blog periodically, I have oodles of journals in boxes that are proof that I update them regularly. I found this quote through a blog titled, "Chocolate on my Cranium" and she found it through President Kimball of the LDS Church. I love this quote and thought I would share it as proof that journals really are important.
"People often use the excuse that their lives are uneventful and nobody would be interested in what they have done. But I promise you that if you will keep your journals and records, they will indeed be a source of great inspiration to your families, to your children, your grandchildren, and others, on through the generations. Each of us is important to those who are near and dear to us—and as our posterity read of our life’s experiences, they, too, will come to know and love us. And in that glorious day when our families are together in the eternities, we will already be acquainted." (Spencer W. Kimball, “President Kimball Speaks Out on Personal Journals,” New Era, Dec. 1980, 26)
Utah Pin Quest Part 4
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment