Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life at our house






Life continues to go on and on and hopefully we continue to do what we are supposed to do.

My kids are growing up so quickly and sometimes I feel happy about that and sometimes I am sad. Snorr just got braces yesterday. He did really well (he was worried that it would hurt really bad getting them on), but actually the pain didn't come until later that night and then it hurt really bad! Poor kid! And then last week I took him to the high school to figure out his schedule for the new year. I can't believe he will be in high school! I always worry about my kids as they advance to new grades - will they be able to handle the new (and harder) work load?, will they make good friends?, will they be liked?, will they make good choices and do their best to stay on the right path? These questions run through my head a lot as they get closer to a new school year. I just pray that Heavenly Father will be with them when I can't be!

Ray-Ray is growing into a beautiful young women (as she likes to call herself - notice she says young "women" - silly girl). She would be embarrassed if I mentioned what we bought her a few days ago, but you can guess what it is considering how she is growing into a young "women". :) It was quite exciting for her and a mixture of happy and sad for me buying it for her. But she really is quite the girl! A few weeks ago, The Mulk and I went to the temple and my kids stayed home. I called to check on them after we were done and before we went to a neighbor's home for dessert and Ray-Ray said that she was getting Kitty ready for bed. I was pleased to hear that she was getting her ready, but imagine my happiness when I got home and Ray-Ray had actually got Kitty to sleep! Like I said Ray-Ray is growing into quite the young woman.

Kitty is just growing bigger and bigger each day. She went to her yearly check-up (she will be 4 very soon) and she is as tall as a kindergartner. The dr. was quite impressed with how well she knows her colors, but then was shocked when he found out she can read.

The Mulk is very busy with work and has had many late nights. It's hard to have him gone so much. I greatly respect and admire you single mom's out there who have to do it all 24/7, especially my sister who does great considering that she takes care of 3 children and works full-time.

I had a crazy Sunday last week. I am in the primary presidency and all 3 of the other members were out of town this last week. So that left me and the chorister (SO glad she was there)to run sharing/singing time. I was a bit nervous and stressed about that, but then the stake primary president called me late Friday night and said that she and a general primary board member would be coming to visit our primary that Sunday! For those of you who aren't familiar with the jobs in our church, the general primary board oversees the primary world-wide. So needless to say I was a bit overwhelmed and worried! would the kids be good in primary that day? Would I teach things correctly? But everything went as well as could be expected for teaching 80 primary children in front of this sister. I am very glad that it is over with though!

And here is a picture of our trip to the LDS Church History Museum. Ray-Ray loved dressing up as a mexican dancer and Kitty loved playing with the paper dolls - both of them were in their element! Oh, and the certificate is the Mulk's official recogntition of his advancement in his martial arts class. Very impressive I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment