We've had a pretty good crop this year. Here is a sampling of what has come out of it. See the little round balls in the back? Those are cucumbers (I bet you didn't know they could be shaped like balls?) Anyways, we also have normal looking ones, but no matter there shape, we have made many jars of pickles from them. I'm very excited to see how they taste (you have to wait 8 weeks for the pickling process before you can eat them). Then we've also made many jars of salsa that tastes very yummy! 
Our neighbor asked us if we would like to pick apricots from her parents tree, so we said sure! We ended up picking 2 boxes FULL of apricots and then had to figure out what to do with them. We decided to make jam, but oh boy did it take a long time to get it all done! I have great respect for those who have slaved away in the kitchen canning for long hours without any air conditioning and, in the case of my mother-in-law, doing it with daily migraines! I had it easy (a husband who worked right along side me, air conditioning, and no migraine). This was the result:

No comments:
Post a Comment