Every year around Memorial Day I get together with some awesome friends - some I've known for years and some I get to become friends with over a few days. We all go up to Bear Lake and just "veg" for the weekend. It's for any woman who needs some time away for a few hours or days and it is so great! It started out as a retreat for the friends I went to high school with, but then we quickly decided that any woman who wants to come can, because don't we all enjoy some time away with the girls? We end up laughing so much my cheeks hurt and we end up eating so much my tummy hurts. It's great! I didn't get many pics this trip. I was just enjoying my time not worrying about anything (including taking pictures). We stayed up eating and talking til midnight (and some even later) on Friday night and then on Saturday, we went to the "big city" which had about 6 stores and did a little window/souvenier shopping. We, of course, had to stop at the chocolate shop and buy some chocolate raspberries-mmmmm! Then, to celebrate a friend's birthday, someone brought her cake decorating stuff and we all got to decorate cupcakes. That was a lot of fun! I am not the most creative person, so I was a bit intimidated but it was still fun. Then we watched a chick flick and I haven't watched one in so long. I realized why I haven't after I sat and cried during the "tender" moments. It's kind of embarrassing to be crying over a movie, but oh well, that's what I did! Then I got to go for a walk with a friend in the beautiful mountain valleys. I was wishing I had my camera, but again, I didn't think about packing around extra stuff (I have to pack around extra stuff too much when I am at home) and for that moment I wanted to be free. But the thing we did the most was EAT! Oh my goodness did we eat! Talk, laugh, and eat - great fun! Can't wait to do it again next year (oh, and if you would like to come with me next year, let me know - you are so totally invited!)

(Notice all the food?!)

(Are my friends creative or what?!)
I hear about this fun event every year...I need to come next year :)
ReplyDelete