
I just have to brag about Ray-Ray and her willingness to work hard for her wish. Ray-Ray has wanted a trampoline for quite a few years now. A year or so ago, she said, "Mom, I make the same wish every time I get to make a wish. I really hope it comes true some day." Then one day she asked if she could write down her wish and show it to me so that it could still come true (as opposed to if she says the wish out loud then it won't come true). So, having a hunch of what she would write down, I agreed to read it and of course it was a wish to have a trampoline. The Mulk was not agreeable to the idea, because for some reason he thinks that kids break their arms and legs on those things (but Ray-Ray promised she wouldn't break them!) LOL But after much discussion and thought on the matter, we told Ray-Ray that if she really wanted one then she would need to save her money for one. Well, since about January she has saved every paper route paycheck! She's gone without trips to the rec center to swim and trips to the icecream store in order to save every last penny. I have been so, so proud of her! And finally she has earned enough that she has her tramp that she has wished for for so long! I will post pic's after we get it put up (sadly it is too rainy this week). Ray-Ray is quite the super-duper girl!
That is so awesome! When I was that age, I don't think I could have passed up any trips to the ice cream store. ;) Great job, Ray-Ray!
ReplyDeleteShe is awesome!!! Tell her I said that :)
ReplyDelete