Snorr turned 15 this year and I just have to say that for a 15 year old he is one GREAT teenager! I am so grateful to him for his attitude. He is very respectful to his parents (and is working on better respecting his sister), he is so focused in school (and gets awesome grades), he has a sensitive heart (which his wife will LOVE someday), and he has a testimony of the gospel. I just feel so blessed that I get to be his mom! He brings peace into my life. I know that a lot of parents aren't able to say that about their teenagers and so I'm very grateful that I can say that!

We also had Thanksgiving at our house this year and thankfully it was a pretty good day! I was sick 2 days before with some kind of wierd dizziness and was SO worried that I wouldn't be able to help prepare everything the next day, but the Lord was merciful and helped me to feel better. I am grateful to the Lord for his tender mercies. We had 17 people here that day and we had no major spills and everyone pitched in both to bring things and to help clean up. They are all awesome!
I now have 2 children who have paper routes twice a week. It's been a bit crazy, I must say, because I have to take Ray-Ray around to deliver her papers and even sometimes Snorr, if the weather is really bad. But I'm hoping that this is going to teach them responsibility and it gives them a little spending cash (and teaches them to pay tithing which is a good lesson to learn for their whole life).
Now the holidays are upon us and we've had lots of things to do. Ray-Ray is in a community choir and loves singing at the nursing homes. She has 2 solos and a few duets this year and I have to say that she is a beautiful singer! And she absolutely loves being in front of the crowd! I will post some pics of that when I can get the Mulk to download them.
I am feeling a bit melancholy today, though, because the mom of Ray-Ray's friend passed away earlier this week. Becky was only 38 years old and SUCH a good mom! She was in a car accident and now she is gone. Her daughter is 10 and her son is 13 and now they don't have their mom with them. It makes me so sad and has made me hug and squeeze my kids more than ever. This life is so unpredictable, but hopefully if we will do all that we can to be good, honest, kind people then even if our lives end short we will feel like we've lived it to the best of our ability. I wish the ache in my heart would go away, and yet I can only imagine the hole that is in her family's heart right now. Then the ache in my heart doesn't seem like anything at all. I pray for her family and I'm sure her family could use a few of your prayers too, if you would like. Becky, you are such a great example of how a mom should be. Thank you for treating my daughter as your own. Here is a picture of our two Ray-Ray's together wearing visors that Becky helped them decorate. Whenever Ray-Ray would go over to play (which wasn't ever as much as she wanted to), Becky would help the kids do some kind of craft (bracelets, visors, t-shirts) and Ray-Ray always had a fabulous time! In fact, sometimes I would feel a bit jealous that Becky was such a hands-on mom (the coolest mom on the block)! I need to learn from her example. I know I will see her again someday and will be able to thank her for treating my daughter so kindly!
No comments:
Post a Comment